What is exercise physiology?
Accredited exercise physiologists specialise in clinical exercise interventions for people with a broad range of health issues. Those people may be at risk of developing, or have existing, medical conditions and injuries. The aims of exercise physiology interventions are to prevent or manage acute, sub- acute or chronic disease or injury, and assist in restoring one’s optimal physical function, health or wellness.
These interventions are exercise-based and include health and physical activity education, advice and support for lifestyle modification with a strong focus on achieving behavioural change.
What can an exercise physiologist help with?
- Cardiovascular disease
- Pulmonary disease
- Metabolic disease
- Neurological disease
- Musculoskeletal disease (including arthritis, osteoporosis/osteopenia, acute and/or chronic musculoskeletal issues)
- Depression and other mental health conditions
- Assessments of functional capacity
- Advice on lifestyle modification to improve health status
- Exercise prescriptions for strength and function improvement pre- and post-surgery
- Workplace assessments.
For an appointment with our Exercise Physiologist, or further information about our staff and services, please Contact Us.